Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dying to know what "Inception" is about??

No one really knows what Christopher Nolan's new movie "Inception" is about, even the trailer doesn't give the audience much. But Nolan, recently gave an interview with a little bit of insight for us. This is what he said, “I originally wrote it as a heist movie and heist movies traditionally are very deliberately superficial in emotional terms. They’re frivolous and glamorous, and there’s a sort of gloss and fun to it. I originally tried to write it that way, but when I came back to it I realized that – to me – that didn’t work for a film that relies so heavily on the idea of the interior state, the idea of dream and memory. I realized I needed to raise the emotional stakes.” He also talked about Leonardo DiCaprio, the star of the movie, "I’ve incorporated a huge number of his ideas. Leo’s very analytical, particularly from character point of view but also how the entire story is going to function and relate to his character… I think it’s improved the project enormously. The emotional life of the character now drives the story more than it did before.” Apparently, DiCaprio's character, named Cobb, steals peoples ideas from their brains by drugging them, for money. Sounds interesting. Look for it in theaters July 16th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment