Saturday, July 10, 2010

Wicked Movie??

Universal Studios is making a movie out of the highly successful broadway musical, "Wicked."  JJ Abrams, James Mangold, Rob Marshall and Ryan Murphy are some of the names who have met with the musical's authors, Winnie Holzman and Stephen Schwartz. The play is based off of Gregory McGuire's novel entitled, "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" which is about L. Frank Baum's book "The Wizard of OZ" but told in the point of view of Elphaba, aka the Wicked Witch of the West.


What do you think? Do you think they should make a movie out of Wicked?? Any theater lovers out there? What do you guys think? I personally, think they should leave it alone along with the other L. Frank Baum stories that they are trying so hard to make into movies.

2 comments:

  1. I would probably go see it because the show was great. Some broadway shows don't translate to the movies well (ex. The Producers), and I don't know if this one will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I definitely agree. The show was amazing but I don't know if they could transfer the greatness into a film on screen. But I guess we shall see.

    ReplyDelete