Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Megamind!!!

'Megamind' stars Will Ferrell, Tina Fey, Jonah Hill and Brad Pitt in a hilarious animated feature. Megamind(Ferrell) is an alien who gets shipped out of his planet and onto Earth. He lands in a prison yard. The last thing his parents say to him as a baby is that he is destined..., and they never say what. After being raised in a prison he learns only evil and therefore becomes very evil and somewhat illiterate. He is convinced that his parents said that he was destined to be evil. Metro Man(Pitt) was shipped out of the same planet at the same time as Megamind but gets sent to a loving family on Earth. Metro Man does nothing but good deeds and gets everything handed to him on a silver platter. Metro Man and Megamind battle all the time and Metro Man always wins. Until one day, Megamind destroys Metro Man and Metro City has to face the harsh reality that evil will soon take over the great city Metro Man once saved time and time again. Can someone stop the evil workings of Megamind and save Metro City or will Megamind conquer and destroy the city for good?


To say that I loved this film would be a complete understatement. 'Megamind' was witty, comical and heartfelt. I didn't want it to end! Will Ferrell was awesome as Megamind, he was great as the evil villain but he brought a nice quality to Megamind that at parts kind of made you feel sorry for him. Tina Fey was a delight as Roxanne Ritchi she was a mature, confident woman who was a brilliant news reporter. I loved how they didn't portray her as this weak, damsel in distress. It was a nice change of pace.
The plot of the story was wonderful. It was different than any other animated features that have good battling with evil all the time. I really felt for these characters and this story, I can't decipher if it was the voice acting that made this so refreshingly good or the directing/storyline. I'm sad that this film isn't getting the recognition it deserves, people need to go to the theaters and take a 90 minute break from reality and catch this flick. It's definitely a film for the whole family.

I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys animated films and the acting of Will Ferrell and Tina Fey. Will Ferrell made this film for me! If you enjoy heartfelt, feel good films try this one on for size!!! If you have seen this adorable movie please share your thoughts, opinions and comments! I want to hear from you!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was not at all impressed with the reviews about this movie that I read earlier. But your review is superb as you have pointed all the interesting facts that make me go crazy for this movie. Thanks for writing such a wonderful write up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, that truly means a lot to me!!! I love love love this movie and I'm so glad you do too! Thank you for commenting<3

    ReplyDelete