Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It has been confirmed!

It has been confirmed that Sam Raimi will direct the Disney "Wizard of Oz" prequel, "Oz, The Great and Powerful" starring Robert Downey Jr. in the title role. A number of directors have been linked to this film, but after Guillermo del Toro and Sam Mendes didn't want it, the project was given to Sam Raimi, which will be his first directorial debut since leaving the film, "Spiderman 4."
What do you think of an Oz prequel? What do you think about Raimi directing it?

2 comments:

  1. Oz prequel makes me immediately think of Wicked. I don't know if anyone could do it like Gregory Maguire (the book not the play). Who is Robert Downey playing, the wizard of Oz himself? I heard Spiderman 4 is going to be awful and that's why none of the actors agreed to do it. So I'm not sure how I feel about Raimi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i know I immediately think of Wicked too! I have the book I just havent read it yet, but I have seen the play. He is playin the Wizard which I guess its better that an actually good actor is playing that character. Wow I did not know that about Sam Raimi! Now I'm a little discouraged about this film lol.

    ReplyDelete