Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sex and the City 2

Want glitz, glam and sparkle? "Sex and the City 2" has just that and more. The girls are back and dealing with their love lives, marriages, careers and kids all in Abu Dhabi. Samantha handles a business deal in New York City but the man who wants to work with her wants to take her to Abu Dhabi and show her the land, hotel and luxuries that are there for her to settle on this deal. Samantha agrees to go but only on one condition: if she can take her 3 best friends with her. The girls are back and more glamorous than ever.



This review will probably be hard for some SATC fans, due to the fact that I'm not a fan of the show, not that I don't like it I just have never gotten into it, I've only seen a few episodes here and there and saw the 1st film, so this review is geared more toward people who are going to see this as a chick flick and not as there ultimate favorite show ever, because I don't know much about this show or their characters.


I really needed this film. It was fun, glamorous and girlie! It's everything you need in a chick flick, love, romance and the comfort of friendship. I love that these women, as old as they are still do so much together especially without their spouses and boyfriends. I also love that no matter what they do and where they go they're are always dressed to the nines. Its truly remarkable to watch. There is one scene where Carrie is just laying on the couch watching television in this unbelievably gorgeous green gown! She didn't go out and she wasn't going out but just hanging out in her living room in a green gown. I'm sure the show was filled with all the great fashion and the beautiful friendships these four women share and the film has it as well.

I personally, enjoyed this film a lot more than the first film. The first film is more serious and pseudo depressing, and I found myself constantly laughing and then tearing up. Whereas this film, for the most part was all fun and comical. It's a good movie to just sit back relax and engulf yourself in the lives of the beautiful extravagant foursome that is Charlotte, Samantha, Miranda and of course Carrie.

I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys the show and knows the story and characters and anyone in need of a girlie chick flick!

No comments:

Post a Comment