Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kindergarten Cop

The 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger classic, 'Kindergarten Cop' is a film for all ages. Schwarzenegger portrays Detective John Kimble, a tough police officer who has been trying to catch a drug dealer for 4 years. After finally getting some answers and finding out where the drug dealer's ex-wife and son, Dominic are hiding out, he goes undercover as the boy's kindergarten teacher.

This movie is great. It's fun, entertaining and it stars the Governor of California! It's a sweet story with a thrilling ending. I like that. I like how they take this pretty intense, harsh storyline and throw in a kindergarten class. If you only see the beginning and end of this film, you think you're watching a suspenseful cop-drama. They found a nice balance and I think that's why it did so well back in 1990.

Arnold Schwarzenegger did a great job portraying a hard-ass intimidating cop and a softy kindergarten teacher. I love the relationship he holds with the children of the school and how all the single moms want to date him. I never saw too many Schwarzenegger flicks back in the early 80s and 90s except for 'The Terminator' which was obviously awesome but didn't show off too much of his acting chops. I was quite impressed with his acting, I've seen this film a few times a long time ago but didn't really remember it, but he was decent. I never sat and thought he was bad or hard to watch, which was how I thought it was going to be.  The actor who portrays the 'bad guy' or the drug dealer, Richard Tyson, was very hard to watch. I thought he could've been more intimidating. I never really feared for anything that he would do because his acting was not very good at all. I also kept getting distracted because I kept thinking he looked like Val Kilmer.

But all in all, its a great heartwarming story for people of all ages. It's funny, cute and enjoyable to watch. If you've never seen it definitely rent it, and if you have seen it please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment